For several years, HCA has had a comprehensive ethics and compliance program, which includes:
- Articulating standards of compliance and ethical conduct
- Creating awareness of these standards among everyone in the company
- Providing a means to report exceptions (i.e., possible misconduct)
- Monitoring and auditing performance in areas of compliance risk
- Establishing organizational supports for this entire effort
- Undertaking other efforts such as Clinical Ethics and Pastoral Services
To read more click here.
HCA’s Code of Conduct – A Tradition of Caring – provides guidance to HCA colleagues and sets forth ethical and legal standards. We encourage you to read our Code of Conduct Booklet and see the high standards by which HCA colleagues live.
While we have a comprehensive Code of Conduct, there are many areas of compliance risk that, due to their complexity, require additional guidance. We have developed a comprehensive set of policies and procedures to address those risks.
HCA maintains an Ethics Line for obtaining guidance on an ethics or compliance issue or reporting concerns. We encourage the resolution of issues at a local level (supervisor, another member of management, Human Resources Manager or Facility Ethics and Compliance Officer) whenever possible. However, individuals may always contact the Ethics Line at 1-800-455-1996.
HCA makes every effort to maintain, within the limits of the law and within the bounds of an appropriate investigation, the confidentiality of the identity of any individual who uses the Ethics Line. There will be no retribution or discipline for anyone who reports a possible violation in good faith.